Monday, January 24, 2011

Maybe we saved a life!

At RVtravel.com, we have published a dozen articles about RV electric safety. It makes our editors very happy to receive feedback like that below we received from a reader named Larry. Maybe we saved his life, maybe just a bad shock. Either way, the information we provided saved him, or his wife, from what might have been a disaster. He wrote:

"We're RV camping in my friend's driveway in Houston, TX. My wife and I received slight shocks when touching our RV door. Concerned, I remembered seeing the notice about watching the electrical shock video posted on Newsletter 465. I viewed it and immediately went to Sears where I bought a no-contact voltage detector. Returning and checking the outer skin of my RV, I saw that everywhere I put the detector, the warning light flashing on and the audio beeped! How frightening! I checked my friend's "homemade" extension cord, changed it, retested the RV and now all's well. Wow! I am so glad that video was posted, and my story turned out okay."

Read the complete series of articles on RV electric safety by Mike Sokol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will appear shortly: we look at each one before making it live to keep away the spammers.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home