Thursday, October 28, 2010

Things other women may be encouraged by her RV trip

Letter to the RVtravel.com editor

Hi Chuck,
My sister and I just returned from a four-month RV trip through the center of the country over to the Northwest and went through every state from the Midwest to the West Coast but Utah. It was my first long trip since my husband died and I feel empowered doing it. I sold our 36' Southwind and got a 25' Gulf Stream BT Cruiser and it is just perfect for me. I wrote a blog (something new to me) about our trip and had so much fun doing it. The link is:

http://roadramblingsfromruth10.blogspot.com

I wonder if there are other single women who RV or want to RV that would be encouraged by our trip. I cannot tell you how much confidence with RVing my sister and I gained making this trip. I'm back home again, but not sure I want to stay here very long, even though I live in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. -- Ruth Blanton

4 Comments:

At October 30, 2010 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Rita said...

Good for you, Ruth! A few years ago, a girlfriend and I took a 6,000 mile RV trip from California to DC, making a big circle around the US. We hit 21 states and had a blast. We visit friends and relatives of both of ours and saw lots of amazing things. I can't WAIT to take the same trip with my husband. I'm looking forward to reading your blog. That's something I wished I'd done when we took our trip.

Congratulations to you on having the confidence to do take such a trip. I hope other women will gain confidence to take such a huge step.

Please write soon about more of your travels!

 
At October 30, 2010 at 3:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Ruth! It's truly liberating, isn't it? I just started RVing with a 13' Scamp, and am already addicted.

There's a lot to learn, and I've found an extremely helpful and friendly community over at Women RV: http://womenrv.com/

You'll find lots of kindred spirits (and good information about all things RVing) over there. Good luck, and have fun!

 
At October 30, 2010 at 5:51 PM , Anonymous Diane said...

A wonderful endeavor! I too have kept RV'ing since my husband passed 3 1/2 years ago. I just joined RVing Women, and hope to continue with other women. You're lucky to have a sister to travel with. My puppy can't make me a sandwich or fix me a drink when I'm driving. LOL

 
At November 21, 2010 at 4:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed reading the comments. Last year i was a support driver for a bicyclist and a friend of his from Hawaii. They bicycled 3773 miles thru 19 states in 55 days. I drove more than that because I drove from Arkansas to California by myself--with my dog--picked up my biker and proceeded from there. Of course I got lost a few times and had to double back a few times. After I dropped him off at the airport in Portland Maine, I drove south thru Winchester, Va, Myrtle Beach, SC and St Augustine, Fl. Then I drove back to Arkansas. it was the most incredible trip I've ever taken and would LOVE to go again.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will appear shortly: we look at each one before making it live to keep away the spammers.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home